If you are new to emulators or are running into problems, this guide will help you get the emulator running.
- 4DO runs on 32bit and 64bit Windows Operating Systems including XP, Vista, and Win7
- 4DO uses DirectX 9 for video rendering. Click here for DirectX 9 Updates If DirectX 9 is not possible, it will switch to GDI rendering for compatibility.
- 4DO, like most programs, will run better when there is enough free RAM. Having the recommended RAM for your Operating System is generally enough to run 4DO.
- Most Dual Core Processors or better are enough to run 4DO.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes
The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes can be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555. Just install this package like you would any other installer.
Microsoft .NET 4 Framework Client Profile
The Microsoft .NET 4 Framework Client Profile can be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17113. Install this package and then run Windows Update to get any updates and fix any vulnerabilities.
SlimDX (march 2011 release) for .NET 4.0
The version of SlimDX necessary to run 4DO can be found at http://slimdx.org/download_mar11.php. Make sure you select the .NET 4.0 version of the End User Runtime and not the Developer SDK. IMPORTANT: Some users have reported that in some circumstances that this Installer for SlimDX will report that you have not installed .NET 4.0 and will exit the installer without finishing. This will cause 4DO to crash on startup because SlimDX did not install. To fix this issue, install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Full Install then run the SlimDX Installer you downloaded already again.
- The latest version of 4DO can be downloaded from http://www.fourdo.com/downloads/.
- 4DO comes compressed in a zip file. Most modern Operating Systems have support for uncompressing zip files. If you need an application to unzip the file, 7-zip is a good choice. Unzip the download into a folder on your hard drive. 4DO is a good name for the folder.
- Once you have the files in a folder, double click 4DO.exe to start 4DO.
For using 4DO, see the User Guide