If you are new to emulators or are running into problems, this guide will help you get the emulator running.
- 4DO runs on 32bit and 64bit Windows Operating Systems including XP, Vista, and Win7
- 4DO uses DirectX 9 for video rendering. If DirectX 9 is not possible, it will switch to GDI rendering for compatibility.
- 4DO, like most programs, will run better when there is enough free RAM. Having the recommended RAM for your Operating System is generally enough to run 4DO.
- Most Dual Core Processors or better are enough to run most games on 4DO. Some games will have higher requirements.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes
The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes can be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555. Just install this package like you would any other installer.
Microsoft .NET 4 Framework Client Profile
The Microsoft .NET 4 Framework Client Profile can be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17113. Install this package and then run Windows Update to get any updates and fix any vulnerabilities.
DirectX 9.0c Updates
To update your install of DirectX, go to http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 This web installer will download any necessary updates if you do not already have them.
- The latest version of 4DO can be downloaded from http://www.fourdo.com/downloads/.
- 4DO comes compressed in a zip file. Most modern Operating Systems have support for uncompressing zip files. If you need an application to unzip the file, 7-zip is a good choice. Unzip the download into a folder on your hard drive. 4DO is a good name for the folder.
- Once you have the files in a folder, double click 4DO.exe to start 4DO.
For using 4DO, see the User Guide